in down town

My photo
I enjoy creative writing and documentation, this blog is for that purpose.

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Rivers Fool

Yes, it is finally rain in Portland.
My boots are in a box somewhere... I hope.

I get a night off to myself and I'm going to see Kelly Joe Phelps.
Blues
I love this picture of him, off an eastern european social page; with interviews.
 I sure hope to hear some lap steel!




http://www.moskva.fm/artist/kelly_joe_phelps/about

I so dislike being alone, so naturally that is the state of things.
I felt open wide when I thought I might be wanted.

Rivers Fool
lyrics by Kelly Joe and Corinne West

In the middle of the water, jagged stones, they all turn round
Put your body in the river, push the river, all float down
Hard to dance long with a day dream when the water's running high
Bitter sweet, bitter sweet, not enough to get you by.

love,
C





No comments: