in down town

My photo
I enjoy creative writing and documentation, this blog is for that purpose.

Friday, October 26, 2012

First Good-Byes

I hope it is ok to journal in this format, about this topic. Nobody reads this but me, so I think it's ok.
I work at a rehab facility with teens. I have only been working for a couple weeks. I've met some kids, talked them back into their bodies, been bruised up from learning restraint techniques, processed some trauma, liked some kids an awful lot, been intimidated, received, included, yelled at and reconciled, and tonight I said my first good-bye. This kid is taller than me, has a great open voice. I didn't think she liked me much, pushed boundaries with me too. She had a musical instrument, beautiful, and she couldn't play it. I kept telling her to get it out and experiment with it. Tonight I tuned it for her and played in the hall while the kids went to sleep. When she was ready, there were big hugs and well wishes. These kids have experienced a lot. I like this one, and I hope she doesn't come back. You'd love to see them spread their wings; I see it in my mind. I wish her all the best.

Good Bye!

love
C

No comments: